Me, me, me.

My photo
Rednecksville, Indiana, United States
I fall in love with fictional characters and have at least a minor interest in anything that could be considered nerdy.

Friday, October 1, 2010

It's NaNo season!

The National Novel Writing Month website went through it's annual relaunch just a little while ago. The forums are fresh and new and the Author Profiles are just begging for you to update your novel info for the year...NaNoWriMo season has officially started! Are you participating this year? Well, you should. Yes, anyone who wants to take the challenge of writing 50,000 words in just 30 days must be completely insane, but that's why you love us. If you are joining in, add me as a writing buddy! I would love to have more folks to talk to on there. My Author Profile, all freshened up <3

October and November are going to be insaaaane. I have no idea how my novel is going to start, which is making it a bit difficult to outline. Plus irrelevant plot bunnies are latching onto me left and right. (I almost wrote 'write' instead of 'right.' I'm so punny. *dodges flying tomatoes.*) But I do know how I'm going to fit Mr. Ian Woon into my novel (sadly, no idea how trebuchets might fit it, or the Travelling Shovel Of Death, seeing as I [hopefully] won't be killing anyone off this year), and that's what really matters. I have my priorities straight.

Also on the agenda for October, I'm going to see Flyleaf this Tuesday. It's at a really small venue, too. I'm so excited I might explode. You have no idea. And then the next day I'm going to see David Sedaris, which is equally as exciting. If you haven't read anything by David Sedaris, you haven't lived. Go read something by him, then come back. Did you do it? Good. I already met him once last year, and got my book signed. He also gave me a condom, I'm not sure why. I still have it.

November is also going to be both insane and supermegaawesome, because MCR's new album is going to be released on the 22nd. The new Harry Potter movie comes out on the 19th, but I am so unenthusiastic about that I barely bothered to type this out. I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD and complain about it for weeks and then go back and read the book, because they probably will change so much in the movie that despite reading the book countless, times the movie will be so screwed up I won't even know what the plot is anymore. Someday I'm going to write out all of my thoughts about those movies and post a tl;dr blog about them. LOL.

So, lots to be pumped up about. And pumped up I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment