Me, me, me.

My photo
Rednecksville, Indiana, United States
I fall in love with fictional characters and have at least a minor interest in anything that could be considered nerdy.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

You know what I hate about homophobes?

Other than the fact that hating someone for loving someone else is completely retarded, that is.

It's that you can't even have a logical debate with them. Their arguments against gay people make so little sense that I just end up staring at them and blinking like an idiot, because being around that kind of idiocy makes me feel stupider by association. I can't believe that the things they're saying don't sound completely nonsensical even to their own ears.

It just makes me want to punch someone in the face. Ugh.

Voice your opinions, please?

In other news, this weekend was awesome and I'm sad it's over. Sigh.

<3

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree. Especially when they use the "God says its not okay" or "It's not natural" arguments -__-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad (and proud) that you feel so strongly about it, but beware of sinking to their level. Punching someone in the face might be satisfying in the moment, but hardly reinforces the lesson that everyone deserves kindness and respect. Teaching by example is a slower process, but ultimately more effective.
    Remember George Carlin: I think people who are intolerant should be taken out into the street and shot!(ummm irony, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rinny: Ugh, I know. The person I'm thinking of at the moment used the 'I don't want them to hit on me/rape me" argument. The fuck. How is a gay guy hitting on you any different from like...a girl you don't like hitting on you. *head!desk*

    ReplyDelete