Me, me, me.

My photo
Rednecksville, Indiana, United States
I fall in love with fictional characters and have at least a minor interest in anything that could be considered nerdy.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Salutations, greetings, hola, pleased to meet you, hey there, hi.

Awkward first post is awkward. :]

I am Brigid, and I am awesome. Don't you forget it.
...naw, that's a lie.

I had a blog over at Wordpress, but I randomly decided I hate that site. Plus all the blogs I follow are on this site anyway. And I feel like I can take this blog less seriously and actually post shit. So. HI THERE. Hopefully I can keep this up. XD

So. Um. About me.
I like:
Writing stories
Drawing pictures
Good music (iTunes labels everything I listen to as Alternative, whatever that means.)
Good food
Good people
Irony
Anime
Pretty boys
and rainbows.

I dislike:
Homophobic/racist/creepy/mean people ("Intolerant people should be taken out into the street and shot!")
Indiana weather
Miley Cyrus
3D movies
...that's about it. I'm easily pleased.

UM. I don't know what else to say about myselllfff. OH WAIT.
 Just got this yesterday. AND IT IS EXCITING. See, for National Novel Writing Month (write a 50,000 word novel in one month) the prize, if you can call it that, is a free 'proof copy' of your novel. I have won twice, so I just stuck both books into one. It's hugenormous. XD

 Holding a real copy of my own book, seeing it in print = best feeling evarr.

Interior:


(Book #1 is a really weird paranormal romance sort of thing. Book #2 is epic fantasy. LULZ.)
Soo. Do NaNoWriMo. It's insane (you have to be insane to even try it) but it's SO WORTH IT. I dunnoes if I would have ever gotten those two stories written without it (actually, I KNOW I wouldn't have written the second one.)

Aand now I REALLY don't know what else to say. So I guess I'll stop here. One more thing, though: Go read Audrey's blog instead of this one. She is epic and awesome and she makes me smile. :]

5 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you got your book printed! I signed up for NaNoWriMo but I never took part as I had exams coming up :/

    However, I've written quite a lot before (admittedly, I've only completely finished two stories) and I'm working on a new one now :) Completely different genres to you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, doing NaNo with school would be crazy. I'm homeschooled, so it's as much of an issue for me, but especially with exams...yeah. I see why you didnt do it. XD

    I've only finished two stories before sa well, and I've been writing since I was maybe 12 or 13. well, other than a few short stories, but i'm not too pleased with those. What genre do you like to write? I cant really seem to stick to one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO awesome!!!! I must do that for real this year.
    :D Yay, you have a blog now. I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's mostly romance, although I hate cliche stuff so I tend to try and throw in some action/thriller/anything else.

    The one I'm starting now is definitely romance, but it's about fighting for love and law, prison etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey: YES. YES YOU MUST. :D and I am excited too.

    Dropthedaggerromeo: sounds neat! I looove writing romance, but I always feel a bit silly when I write it. And embarressed to show it to anyone. XD

    ReplyDelete