Me, me, me.

My photo
Rednecksville, Indiana, United States
I fall in love with fictional characters and have at least a minor interest in anything that could be considered nerdy.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Love Letters to Literary Crushes

Sorry for two posts in one day! But I just found about about this: Love Letters to Literary Crushes Blogfest.
From Frankie's blog:
"Before you head out to see Eclipse, why not let your underappreciated literary crush know how much you love them. Tell them why they are so cute, adorable, sexy, caring, funny, and awesome that you wish they were real and not just living in some author's head. And even if they're not starring in a major movie at the end of this month, we still think they're all that and a bag of chips."
I just had to participate. You should too. Be sure to check out everyone elses letters!

I could not decide on just one character, so I picked a few. LOL.

---

Dear Severus Snape,

I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when I was around seven or eight years old. I hated you back then, because you were the bad guy, and you aren't supposed to like the bad guy. Boy did I change my mind about that!
The books describe you as greasy and big-nosed, but I kinda have a thing for big noses, and well, as for the grease, I can deal with that. You're honestly one of the deepest, best-written, amazing characters I've ever read. You're not 'cute' or 'sweet' (except around Lily), but you're brave and in my mind at least, really hot.You're the only reason I bother to watch those god-awful movies anymore (don't worry, dear. It's not your fault they completely ignored you in Half-Blood Prince. But I won't go into that, because I can rant about the movies for hours and I don't want to subject you to that trauma. :]. [hey, maybe I'll post a blog about that rant one day.]). Being played by Alan Rickman helps a lot. Cause. Like. He/you is/are amazing.
Um. Anyway. Sometimes I just go through the books and just read all the scenes about you. Cause they're the best. I can't count how many times I re-read The Prince's Tale chapter in Deathly Hallows (in fact, that book is a bit too intense for me to re-read as much as I do the other books.) I cried for about a day and a half after reading that chapter for the first time. I want to bitchslap James for being such a...well, bitch. You deserve Lily way more than he ever did but that's okay because now I have you all to myself. If they screw up that scene in the next movie...BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN. Yes. Bad things.
I think if J.K. Rowling wrote a book all about you, I would die from sheer JOY. After I finish reading it, of course.
Harry Potter helped make me who I am today, and seeing as you've been my favorite character for a while, you made me who I am today. So. Thanks.
Love love love love lust love love,
Brigid.
---

Dear Roiben,

You swept me off my feet from the very first scene, just like you did Kaye. I could imagine you perfectly, and you were gorgeous even with an arrow sticking out of your chest. Who doesn't love a faerie with silver hair? In a lot of scenes, you're creepy as hell, but there's just as many or more scenes where you're absolutely adorable and sweet and sexy and I had to pause reading every few minutes to squeal like a retarded fangirl (oh wait, I am a retarded fangirl) before I could continue reading. Did I mention that Holly Black writes kissing scenes really well? Hot damn.
Ahem. Anyway. I really want them to make a movie of Tithe, but there's no way they could make you look as perfect as you do in my mind. So that would be sad. But I would love it anyway.

Love,
Brigid.

---

Dear Raistlin,

You're horrible, sick, twisted, occasionally disturbing, and goddamnit, you're one of my longest-lasting literary crushes. I hate Dragonlance. I hate nearly everything about it with a passion. But I can't stop reading them because YOU ARE SO DAMN AWESOME. So I kinda hate you for that. And I can't even get into all the reason's I love you so much because anyone who reads this would have me put into an asylum (slight exaggeration.) So we'll just leave it at this: WHAT THE HELL DUDE, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE. I mean, I'm pretty sure you come back to life later, but I am NOT digging through all the new books just to find out because reading about Caramon and Tanis is more torture than it's worth.. And why the hell is there no fanfiction about you where you're not paired with Dalamar? I mean, what the hell. Though I guess there's even more fanfiction pairing you with Crysania. Which is even worse. *gags*
Looooooooove,
Brigid.

---


Wow. I don't think I can get more nerdy than I am. And I know I have more than 3 crushes. I just can't think of them right now. Yeah. Oh, and I'm feeling a lot less angsty now than I was earlier. Maybe this helped. :].

6 comments:

  1. You know Holly Black writes dirty fanfic for her own books, with much more than kissing.
    Also. Movie. Yes.
    If they get Roiben right, kissing scenes will be rather interesting xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO. That's hilarious. And I want to read them. Waitwhat?

    Interesting. And sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me LOL and yet not feel nearly as creepy about my literary crushes. I am not aloooooone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. We are all creepers at heart.

    ReplyDelete