Me, me, me.

My photo
Rednecksville, Indiana, United States
I fall in love with fictional characters and have at least a minor interest in anything that could be considered nerdy.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Writing Meme + Photos



--

Writing meme!


What’s the last thing you wrote?
I wrote a couple words in a random WIP that I don't plan on finishing. LOL. No, but the last thing I really wrote was the next theme for the 100 Themes Challenge. [Btw, comments on the last one would be nice plz. You can comment without a google account, you have no excuses. ;) ]

Was it any good?
Bits of it were great. I'm mostly not sure if it's in character or not. Martha is a bit difficult to write. We'll see how it goes.
 
What’s the first thing you ever wrote that you still have?
Oh gosh. Well, the very first things I wrote would have burned in the fire... and the oldest thing I remember writing after the fire was some weird story about a cat. And I don't have the original version of my fairy story either... hm. I guess it would be one of the first versions of Written in Stone.

Write poetry?
I tried. I failed.

Angsty poetry?
Like it. Can't write it.

Favorite genre of writing?
Whether I'm writing it or reading it, I LOVE literary fiction. Historical fiction is great, but I don't know how to write it. YA is good, I've been lucky to find some of the best YA books ever. I love fantasy, but it's hard to find good stuff. I want to write Steampunk, but I don't know how yet :P I guess I don't really have a favorite genre, and I'm still trying to figure out what I like to write.

Most fun character you ever wrote?
It's a tie between Amadre and Valocer, both from my NaNoWriMo novel Written in Stone. Amadre because he was meant to be a bit character and ended up falling in love with my main character and saving all their asses. XD He's constantly flirting with everyone, which is really fun to write.
Valocer... well, I don't know that I can call him fun, because most of the scenes with him made me cry when I wrote them, but I loved writing them all the same. He was one of those characters that completely created himself - I seriously had nothing to do with it XD He writes his own story. He pretty much just popped up on the page and was like, "Hi there. I'm gonna die at the end, but I'm not telling you why." and I'm like "...cool. o_O." It was really fun learning about him as I wrote.

Most annoying character you ever wrote?
That's a difficult one. All my characters tend to be necessary to the plot, so it rarely matters whether they're annoying or not. I guess Erika [from my '08 NaNo Sleep] was pretty horrid to write sometimes.

Best plot you’ve ever created?
I really don't know if I can answer this. I guess the one I"ve stuck with longest is Written in Stone, but I don't know if it's the best... maybe the plot for That Summer, a YA novel(lla) that I abandoned ages ago and hope to re-write soon. I suck ass at summaries, but basically, Amber is forced to stay with her aunt, who she despises, over the summer. (In the re-write it will actually be her and her mom staying with the aunt, but that would be a spoiler. shh.) The aunt has taken in a foster kid named Aidan, who is around Amber's age. He hates Amber immediately, and is a complete mystery to her, and she has to unravel the mysteries surrounding him. Or something like that. My description is lame as hell. 

Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?
I don't really know. I'm not good at plot twists.

How often do you get writer’s block?
Very often.

How do you fix it?
I don't really know.

Write fan fiction?
Yep, but it rarely gets published.

Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
Most of my stories have some romance in them. Actually, one of the stories currently running around in my head is the definition of Angsty Teen Drama. LOL.

Do you type or write by hand?
I like to write character profiles by hand a lot of the time, and I tend to carry a notebook with me in case I'm struck with an idea and there's no computer around, but other than that I tend to type. It's easier on my hands.

Do you save everything you write?
I try to, but there are some things I delete.

Do you ever go back to an old idea long after you abandoned it?
I abandoned Written in Stone so many times because I just could not write it. I'm really glad to have finished it and gotten it to a point where I enjoy the story, but I still get random ideas every once in a while. XD

What’s your favorite thing that you’ve written?
Gosh. I guess it would be Written in Stone, but I really don't have a favorite.

What’s everyone else’s favorite thing that you’ve written?
I haven't been showing my writing to anyone lately, to be honest :/ I should really change that. I've been considering putting my two NaNoWriMo novels up on fictionpress, just because I can't really see me trying to publish those. But I'm not sure. Thoughts?

What’s your favorite setting for your characters?
I don't really have a favorite.

What’s one genre you have never written, and probably never will?
While I would love to write Sci-Fi, I don't see it happening. Can't handle reading horror, so no go with that. Mysteries would be great to write, but I'm not smart enough.

How many writing projects are you working on right now?
I'm attempting the 100 Themes Challenge. I don't really have any other projects going right now, just because there are so many floating around in my head that I don't know what to write first, plus I don't know what to write for NaNoWriMo yet

Do you want to write for a living?
That would be amazing.

Have you ever written something for a magazine or newspaper? 
Nope, can't say I have.

Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Nah. XD

Ever written something in script or play format?
Nope. My mom and I meant to try Script Frenzy this year, to try to write a script for the webcomic we want to work on, but it didn't end up happening. Next year?

What are your five favorite words?
vague, raw, fortuitous, angst, snog. 
I know, I am odd.

What character that you’ve written most resembles yourself?
Hm. I guess Tara. She has red hair and freckles and is very small, just like me. I guess the VERY first time she was ever invented, I was a little kid (maybe 8 or 9, idk) and wanted to write a story about a girl (who was exactly like me) who goes to visit the faeries. And now there's Tara.

Where do you get ideas for your other characters?
My characters kinda come pre-packaged with the story. I don't think up a plot and then stick my characters in there, they just fit the plot because they come along with the plot.

Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Yes, actually! I have tons of dreams that inspire stories.

Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers?
Happy endings. I only like sad/cliff-hanger endings if it's in a series and going to be resolved in the next book.

Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Ever since doing NaNoWriMo, I tend to ignore all spelling and grammar rules until I'm done, THEN go over and edit them all.

Does music help you write?
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. During NaNoWriMo it helps a lot - I think I had Slipknot on repeat throughout November 2008, which, looking back, is kinda hilarious.

Quote something you’ve written. The first thing to pop into your mind.
My mind just went blank, thanks a lot.

If you do this, leave a link to it! I wanna see what you all are up to!

--

So you know how my laptop bit the dust in about two seconds?
My aunt just gave me her old one.
Which is new.
And has Windows Vista.
And a 17 inch screen that needs replacing but whatever.
AND A LOT MORE ROOM ON IT.
It is amazing.
And is not giving me a Blue Screen Of Death.

Also, I am working on a digital painting. Which of course is fanart because I suck, but what the heck. It will be epic. Stay tuned!

Comments are nice. :)

2 comments:

  1. I swear I commented on this before. D: But yay new laptops!
    I did the meme, I think you knew that. Lulz.
    And I think you should put your stories on fictionpress. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just might do that :D We'll see.

    ReplyDelete